COVID 19 Notice
Update as of May 18th, 2020
During the COVID-19 crisis, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Dermatology Consultants of Short Hills is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and city health officials as we care for our patients. The State of New Jersey continues to have a stay-home order in place, leaving your home only for essentials such as food, healthcare, and exercise. We are available for medically necessary appointments, albeit on a modified schedule. Telemedicine appointments are still available for conditions that are conducive to this format, and/or for those that prefer to be seen from comfort of their home/office. As our community recovers from the crisis, we hope we can safely and expeditiously relax our work restrictions.
Below, we have outlined our new safety procedures below to ensure that you are safe and comfortable returning to our office.
CHECK IN AT OUR OFFICE:
- All patients will be texted or emailed information that allows you to register, check-in, and pay your copay or balance prior to arriving at our office.
- For any patient or family member who does not feel well, has a fever, cough, shortness of breath, we ask you to stay home until your symptoms resolve. Please contact us, and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date. The same guidelines will be followed by all staff at our facility.
- While in the building, please wear a face mask/covering at all times until your departure. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building and office suite for your convenience.
- To limit the total number of people in the office at one time, please come to your appointment unaccompanied. The exceptions to this guideline, would be minors accompanied by a parent/guardian, or those who need physical or verbal assistance to during their appointment.
- We encourage you to call the office upon arrival in our parking lot. This gives you the option to wait outside or in your car until the reception or exam room is ready for you. This limits the number of people in our waiting room at any given time.
- Our staff will wear masks and appropriate protective equipment (PPE) and take every pre-cautionary step to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and employees.
ADDITIONAL FACILITY CLEANING:
- We will disinfect each patient room before and after every patient visit. Doorknobs, desks, counters, frequently touched areas and equipment are wiped down repeatedly throughout the day.
- Any high-touch surface in the waiting room will be cleaned repeatedly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at check-in and exam rooms, and hand washing may be done in our exam rooms and bathroom facilities.
- Our policies are aligned with the latest COVID-19 guidelines issued by CDC, OSHA and local government officials.
Ensuring your safety and well-being while continuing your care is our top priority! Please bear with us as we work to get through the COVID-19 crisis.
Call 973-232-6245 today to make your in office appointment or to request a telemedicine appointment!